Epidemiology of Patellar Instability : Most commonly occurs in 2nd-3rd decades of life Risk factors include Ligamentous laxity (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) Dysplastic vastus medialis oblique (VMO) muscle Lateral displacement of patella Patella alta causes patella to not articulate with sulcus, losing its constraint effects Trochlear dysplasia Excessive lateral patellar tilt (measured in extension) Lateral femoral condyle…
History of Total Hip Prosthesis : 1891 Dr. Gluck performs first reported attempt at a hip replacement with ivory used to replace the femoral head 1940 Austin Moore performs first metallic hip replacement surgery (hemiarthroplasty) with a proximal femoral replacement bolted to the femur 1952 Austin Moore prosthesis developed 1960s Sir John Charnley introduces concept…
#orthopaedics #tusharmehta Bulbocavernosus reflex — The bulbocavernosus reflex (BCR) or “Osinski reflex” is a polysynaptic reflex that is useful in testing for spinal shock and gaining information about the state of spinal cord injuries (SCI). Bulbocavernosus is an older term for bulbospongiosus, thus this reflex may also be referred to as the bulbospongiosus reflex.…
Dr. Tushar Mehta
- An Orthopaedic Surgeon who is a blend of academic excellence and entrepreneurship with interest in all aspects of Bones and Joints.
- As an Orthopaedic surgeon , he is one of the most academically inclined and innovation oriented surgeon.
- He is an extremely prolific surgeon and a coveted member of several bodies of Orthopaedic Associations, who is dedicated to develop the career in learning and teaching the advanced techniques of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Rich experience in handling all types of Orthopaedics Cases – Emergency or Accidental Services and Cold Orthopaedic Affections.
- Credited with more than 1000 + Trauma Surgeries, Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, Arthroscopy, Spinal Trauma Surgeries.
- He has also set up a 150 + bedded State of the Art Trauma Centre in his Hometown Bhiwani (Haryana) which is 100 km away from Delhi/NCR and performed a vast range of Surgeries including Joint Replacements and revision surgeries of the hip, knee, shoulder and elbow in his own centre.
What People Say!
Tushar Mehta sir.... A personality whom i look upon as an inspiration to become unstoppable. He teaches Orthopaedics in such simple ways that it jus comes on ur fingertips n not only as a teacher, a mentor... He is simply an awesome personality. His motivational qoutes have pulled me back in pace many a times from deep down stages. I m highly indebted to him for innumerous times motivating me.
The one man with all rounder abilities . The man who teaches Ortho in his unique way tht it makes subject so interesting. A gr8 sense of humour. A gr8 teacher Freind and most imp awesome human being.
I used to think ortho aint my cup of tea! It ws always a burden for me! But this book helped me a lot..!!! Even in my NEET dere were 7 questns from ortho i marked em all right! N da only thing which helped me was ur teaching ur notes n ur book, tushar sir! Thanx! :)
Dr. Tushar Mehta, both as a teacher and mentor, is unparalleled. He has a unique way of making the student memorise the concept without having to worry about recall. I remember leaving his class feeling enlightened in a way I never thought I could be with respect to a niche surgical subject like Orthopedics. His passion for work reflects in his passion for teaching. As a mentor, his positive approach to life is inspiring to anyone who interacts with him. He also has an engaging sense of humor and a zest for living life to the fullest. Knowing sir has been a privilege.
Ya a very nice book…the book covers all the topics needed in a very short time…..congrats dr tushar for making such a good book……” and “The book is really good….this is not just my observation but from students of many states….quick for revision…easy to understand …works on important and expected topics……marvellous job…..a must for every pgmee aspirant
sir your book was awesome!! completed it today! :) i m sure it has given me an edge… :)…… wonderful book. language easy and student friendly. this ortho book should be introduced in curriculum by MCI. Thanks a lot sir for this masterpiece…